Square Butte Road wraps around Square Butte in Golden Valley County in western North Dakota. This view looking north east from the south west captures the essence of early summer colors in the grasslands. Grasses are still bright green, and blooming wild clover is brilliant yellow for a short time. Square Butte Road is part of the Custer Trail Auto Tour, which traces the final of march of General Custer and his soldiers as they made their way to the Little Big Horn.
- Places to go (179)
- Things To Do (141)
- North Dakota scenery (113)
- North Dakota Badlands (103)
- North Dakota (102)
- #NorthDakota (301)
- #beautifulbadlands (290)
- Badlands (285)
- beautifulbadlandsnd (252)
- #ndlegendary (244)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 5 Landmarks in the Beautiful Badlands Look Like Their Name — Battleship Butte is one.
- A low Sun Makes Sunday Afternoon Drive a Treasury of Impressive Winter Landscapes.
- Readers Love These Bloodcurdling Wild West Murder Stories
- Have You Seen the Top 4 Badlands Subjects from 2020?
- Borscht! Pampushky! A Ukrainian New Year Feast!