Square Butte Road wraps around Square Butte in Golden Valley County in western North Dakota. This view looking north east from the south west captures the essence of early summer colors in the grasslands. Grasses are still bright green, and blooming wild clover is brilliant yellow for a short time. Square Butte Road is part of the Custer Trail Auto Tour, which traces the final of march of General Custer and his soldiers as they made their way to the Little Big Horn.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Road Trip! Unparalleled Easy Scenic Drive for scenery, culture, and history
- Elusive, Powerful Elk! Seldom Seen Like This in the Beautiful Badlands!
- TR National Park Working on These 4 Big Changes for Even More Visitors
- Cheer up! Take One of These Three Refreshing Cold Winter Road Trips
- Mouth-Watering Valentine’s Sweets in the Beautiful Badlands