Square Butte Road wraps around Square Butte in Golden Valley County in western North Dakota. This view looking north east from the south west captures the essence of early summer colors in the grasslands. Grasses are still bright green, and blooming wild clover is brilliant yellow for a short time. Square Butte Road is part of the Custer Trail Auto Tour, which traces the final of march of General Custer and his soldiers as they made their way to the Little Big Horn.
- Now is the time to see Badlands Fall Colors
- Don’t stop! Autumn in the Rugged Badlands is perfect exploring.
- Visit a strange-looking rock that guided cowboys north to the Badlands
- Snapshot Saturday — Take your camera on a road trip like this
- 4 Free and Easy Badlands Social-distancing Car Trip Adventures
- #NorthDakota (241)
- Badlands (240)
- #beautifulbadlands (228)
- #ndlegendary (218)
- beautifulbadlandsnd (201)