Could it be that the presence of mountain lions in this area of North Dakota is responsible for the name of this ranch road? Some people say so. Scairt Woman Road begins west of Grassy Butte in McKenzie County, continues south into Billings County. It is a local, rough road only to be traversed in favorable weather conditions, and not when wet.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- What are the big differences in the 3 units of the TR National Park?
- Before the Greening of the Badlands, Brown is Beautiful at Sentinel Butte
- Badlands are Open at These 9 Places
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions about the Badlands — and We Have Answers
- Saturday Snapshot — Drought in the Badlands, Tough for Bison