All Kinds of Rhubarb Pie!
There is no shortage of eateries which proudly offer ‘the best!’ Rhubarb Pie. Opinions run strong about this specialty. Many rhubarb pie connoisseurs insist that only the deepest red rhubarb be used, with lots of sugar. Some traditionalists expect mostly green rhubarb with just enough sugar to take off a smidgen of the tasty bitter edge. And then, there are those who want rhubarb combined with strawberries.
Best Ten Rhubarb Pie Eateries in Western North Dakota
We surveyed fifteen local social media groups in 12 western North Dakota and eastern Montana to find out where is the best place to eat rhubarb pie in the area. Response was heavy and enthusiastic! That’s why we list here 18 specific eateries/sources that were recommended. And there’s more: several people volunteering to bake for us at our request! Yum!!
Top 8 Places for Rhubarb Pie (and kuchen and bread):
- Courthouse Cafe, Williston, North Dakota
- Lunds Landing, Williston, North Dakota (4 way tie for 2nd)
- Tee Box, South Heart, North Dakota (4 way tie for 2nd)
- Wild Flour Cafe & Bakery, (formerly Country Cafe) Alexander, North Dakota ( 4 way for 2nd)
- Hometown Homemade, Watford City, North Dakota (4 way tie for 2nd)
- Tobacco Gardens, Watford City, North Dakota (3 way tie for 3rd)
- Grandma Sharon’s, Williston, North Dakota (3 way tie for 3rd)
- Java Gypsys, Beach, North Dakota (3 way tie for 3rd)
10 More Places To Go For Rhubarb Pie (and kitchen and bread):
- Wild West Diner, Culbertson, Montana
- Wurst Shop, Dickinson, North Dakota
- Country Rose Cafe, Dickinson, North Dakota
- Silver Junction Espresso (contact to order), Sidney, Montana
- Dakota Farms, Williston, North Dakota
- Lonnie’s Roadhouse Cafe, Williston, North Dakota
- Metonoia, Watford City, North Dakota
- McKenzie County Fair June 20-23 (Life Booth), Watford City, North Dakota
- Jacks, Dickinson, North Dakota
- JaBBR’s, Bowman, North Dakota
Also Check Out:
There’s more options than you can imagine. That’s why we add these places. It seems like no matter where you go, there’s rhubarb!
Join us on our explorations of western North Dakota and eastern Montana here: We’re on Facebook! Beautiful Badlands ND